Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Now, I just Need Opposable Thumbs.

Abby Lab here:

When Mom and Dad got married and Mom moved into Dad's house (she had already sold her big house and was just renting a two bedroom townhome), they ended up having "duplicates" of some tools and small household items. Mom gave all of her furniture, linens, and a lot of decorative pieces to a young couple who had lost everything thanks to a family disaster and had to move in with the young wife's parents. They were trying to adopt a baby, but even though they found another small rental house, there was no money to replace their furniture and household stuff.  They came over with a moving truck and some family and Mom's townhouse was cleaned out fast.  Mom was so happy to help them, and get rid of some nice things that Dad's house just didn't have room for (and a month or two later they adopted their baby boy!)

One thing she brought up to Chicagoland was a small box with some household tools and repair items. Things handy at the townhouse, but not really needed here.

So Dad "repurposed" a few of them.

Like this one, handy when Mom is trying to do something on the computer and muttering HBO words.


9 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! Hard Reset!!!
    hugs
    hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    All tools have multiple uses - even beyond their original purpose!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. TeeHeeHee...Our Mama wishes she had one of those Technology hammers sometimes!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep a nice, heavy clue wrench on a hook next to my desk at work. It comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, keep those hammers away from me! I even texted my hubby to come out to the patio and take my laptop since I was about to bash it against a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was one of the nicest gestures we have ever heard. Your Mom was wonderful and beyond to do that for the young couple.

    There are many times here that such a tool would come in very "handy::)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The young lady was my hairdresser for many years. They were the nicest young couple and when I heard about the flood in their town I wanted to help. My husband and I really didn't need all that stuff, paring down and helping others was more important.

      Delete
  7. Abby,
    Your mom is a very nice lady, to be able to give your things away and help others not as fortunate is a blessing to all.
    The hammer comes in handy for all types of DIY projects. lol
    My mom had a big sponge she use to throw it at a window when she was frustrated.
    The window never broke, but it made mom feel better.
    I just chew my toys and leave them outside.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to The Book of Barkley and the Blogville dog blogging community. This blog was created for more memories of Barkley as well as updates on our Lab Rescues that have joined our household since Barkley left us.

Stop in and say hello. However, comments from strangers offering business links will NOT be posted. I